Technically, these cookies are gluten free, but I put it in parenthesis, because it is really just a side thing. Something that is great if you are gluten free, but not something you would notice if you weren’t… What you will noice is the amazing peanut butter flavor mixed with lots of chocolate chips!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 heaping cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, and egg until creamy.
- In a separate bowl mix oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop one inch dough balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, and bake on the center rack for 9-10 minutes. Finished cookies should be well set, but only lightly browned.
- Let cool on cooling rack as long as you can stand it. Makes approximately 20 cookies.