These oatmeal, nut, fruit, and chocolate cookie crumbles are a recipe given to me by my friend Joan, so of course, around here we call them Joan’s Cookies! They have become a favorite since she gave me the recipe a few years ago, and now my husband insists we always have some in the freezer… 🙂 They are gluten free, egg free, dairy free, and sugar free (except what’s the in the chocolate!). Enjoy!
Joan’s Banana Oatmeal Cookie Crumbles
- 3 bananas (the riper they are, the sweeter the cookies)
- 2 medium sized apples: peeled and chopped. Put in a small bowl, cover with water and microwave for one minute
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups oatmeal (regular or quick cook)
- A handful of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips (I use a mix of dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup chopped nuts (whatever you like, I use almonds and pumpkin seeds)
- 1-1/2 cups to 2 cups assorted dried fruit (whatever you like, I use cranberries, raisins, and/or cherries)
- Mash 3 bananas in large bowl with a masher.
- Add warmed apples and mash some more.
- Add oil, cinnamon, vanilla and mix together.
- Add oatmeal, nuts, dried fruit, coconut, and chocolate, mix thoroughly.
- Batter should pop out easily from an ice cream scoop and hold its shape. If it’s too stiff, add a little water from the microwaved apples. Too loose, add some oatmeal.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, and use ice cream scoop to drop cookies onto sheets. Flatten with fork. Alternatively, use a muffin pan and scoop into muffin tin liners as pictured.
- Put a pecan or walnut or chocolate chip in center, or top with m&m’s… 🙂
Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes or until done. I think they are better when the are a little brown and caramelized.